Our next official meeting will be on Monday, February 3rd, at Living Hope Church in Allentown, from approximately 6:00-10:00 pm.
Here are some comments about the meeting:
– Feel free to bring food, friends, and work to share.
– During the first hour, we will be having a Workshop on Syntax. Several of us have moved into long-form prose and are going to take this time to work on style and structure. Specifically, we’ll be working with independent clauses and how to combine them. This will run from around 6-7, so if you want to participate, plan to be on time(ish). See below for details about the workshop.
– Around 7:00, we’ll move into our usual Share-and-Critique phase. Please choose something of a reasonable length to read, show, or perform.
– Around 9:00, we will break for some English Country Dancing, taught by Betsy G.
Here is info about the syntax workshop:
1. Please type up five sentences of varying lengths. These can be sentences you wrote, ones from the classics, or random ones from the internet, whatever. Try to include at least one that you think is correct and at least one that you think is incorrect. Make sure they are of varying lengths.
2. Please print out 4 or 5 copies, double-spaced.We will use these during our discussion.
3. For the first half or so of the time, we’ll work on identifying dependent and independent clauses. For the second half or so, we’ll work on how to combine them most effectively.
Under the Mercy,